M etcalf Mortuary was founded in 1947 by Bill and Sue Cannon. Known as the Cannon Funeral Home, the business was started at its present location in a pioneer era home. The Cannons enlarged with additions and established an apartment on the second story.
The Metcalf’s purchased the mortuary in 1967 and have been dedicated in renovating and enlarging the facility to accommodate the rapidly growing community. Additional properties to the North and West were purchased for parking and development. In 1987 a modern full size Chapel along with a new north entry, visitation rooms, and complete renovation of both on the interior and exterior.
In 1998 another complete renovation and large addition was made adding state-of-the-art merchandising rooms including: casket, vault, marker, and cremation merchandise. Arrangement rooms, additional visitation areas, enlarged administration work areas and a pre-need center for counselors and planning were also added. All arrangement and merchandising areas were designed to be used for both at-need and pre-need uses. New enlarged preparation areas also included full OSHA compliance requirements. In 1999 a new state of the art Crematorium was installed on site providing Metcalf Mortuary complete control and monitoring of all cremations.